Student's Union / PGSSU
The Students' Union is called "The Post-Graduate School Students Union (PGSSU)" after the name of the institution, the Post-Graduate School of the ICAR-CIFE, Mumbai. The Union is run by the students and for the students. Students take every major decision about the services and activities. Fourteen students are elected each year and make up the Executive Committee. We take the main responsibility for running the Post Graduate School Students' Union and have been students at ICAR-CIFE for the past few years.
Our aim is to make your time here a memorable, safe and successful one. The Institute has an ever-increasing reputation for providing quality education in the diversified fields of Agriculture and the Union has an ever-increasing reputation for providing quality entertainments and services.
The following are the aims and objectives of the PGSSU,
- To inculcate a spirit of fellow feeling and a mutual contact among the members.
- To promote the social and cultural welfare of the members and to raise the tempo of athletic activities in the Post-Graduate School.
- To encourage the intellectual development of the members.
- To arouse among the members a spirit of social service.
- To provide an opportunity to the members to train themselves in the art of self-government and group leadership.
- To promote the consciousness of the members regarding the aims and working of various national and international student organization and
- To represent the Post-Graduate School students’ body on the national as well as intellectual plane.
- To find out immediate solution for all such problems as may jeopardize the common interest of the members by meeting, discussions and making suggestions, if necessary, to the concerned authorities.
- To promote the establishment of close relations between the students and the members of teaching staff of the Post-Graduate School. To maintain contacts with the ex-alumni of the Post-Graduate School and Associates of the CIFE, Mumbai.
PGSSU Office Bearer
On the basis of Election/Nominations, by the students,the following students have been Elected/Nominated as Office bearers of the Post-Graduate School of Students Union (PGSSU) for the year 2019-20.
( Mob-7980634402 )
|2||Vice-president -I||Chanikya Naidu
( Mob-8928104125 )
|3||Vice-president -II||Sandeep Shankar Pattanaik
( Mob-8355879124 )
|4||General secretary||Chinmaya Nanda
( Mob-9137499183 )
|5||Academic council representative-I||Manas Kumar Maiti|
|6||Academic council representative-II||Abhipsha Dey|
|7||Finance secretary||Dharmaraj Patro|
|8||Cultural secretary-I||Shubham K|
|9||Cultural secretary-II||Kasturi Chattopadhyay|
|10||Sports secretary-I||Shiva Kumar|
|11||Sports secretary-II||Sangavi S|
|13||Boys’ hostel representative (7-Bungalows campus)-I||Rinkesh Wanjari|
|14||Boys’ hostel representative (7-Bungalows campus)-II||Somnath Saha|
|15||Boys’ hostel representative (Yari Road Campus)-I||Avadhootha Shivakrishna|
|16||Boys’ hostel representative (Yari Road Campus)-II||Zahoor Mushtaq|
|17||Girls’ hostel representative (Yari Road campus)-I||Bharathi Rathinam|
|18||Girls’ hostel representative (Yari Road campus)-II||Akhilandeshwari|
The tenure of this newly constituted PGSS Union for 2019-20 is for one year and will expire on Co-terminus basis exactly on completing one year from the date of issuance of this Circular and/or can be suspended by the Competent Authority at any time on the basis of any irregularities found in PGSSU functionality during the period of one year.