- Vaccines against bacterial pathogens infecting fish: Developed an inactivated vaccine against Flavobacterium columnare using local field isolate and a dual vaccine against F. columnare and Edwardsiella tarda
- Diagnostic tools for viral diseases infecting fish: Developed and standardised a quantitative real-time PCR assay for the detection and quantification of Tilapia lake virus (TiLV)
- Therapeutic measure against fish parasite: Developed phytotherapy for crustacean ectoparasite Argulus japonicus using neem leaf extract
- Chemical-free decontamination method for water treatment: Developed a novel prototype of column bed-based water treatment unit cum recirculatory system with an electrically charged column for the treatment of contaminated water without any use of chlorination and de-chlorination chemicals.
- Package of practice for environmental management: Developed package of practice for application of Biochar in inland saline aquaculture system for improved environmental management.
Training/ Services provided by the Division
I) Centre for Advanced Faculty Training (CAFT) /ICAR Short Course/Summer/Winter School etc.
- Immunological and Molecular Diagnostics for rapid Disease Diagnosis (CAFT- 2020)
- Antibiotic Microbial Resistance with Special Reference to Aquaculture (ICAR Short Course-2020)
- Development and Application of Vaccines for Fish Aquaculture (ICAR Short Course-2019)
- One Health with Special Reference to Fisheries and Aquaculture (ICAR Short Course-2019)
- Molecular Techniques in Shrimp Health Management. (CAFT-2018)
- Rapid Diagnostics for Fish Health Management (CAFT Winter School-2016)
- Molecular Immunology of Fish and Shell fish (ICAR Short Course-2016)
- Molecular, Nanotechnological and Immunological Diagnostic in Fisheries and Aquaculture (CAFT- 2015).
- Advances in Aquatic Animal Health Management in Finfish and Shellfish. (CAFT-2013)
- Advanced Analytical Techniques for Aquatic Environment. (CAFT-2011)
- Genome and Protein-based Techniques in Aquatic Animal Health Management. (CAFT Winter School-2009)
II) Special training
- Remote Sensing and GIS Technology for Soil and Water Quality Mapping. (ToT-2019)
- Good Laboratory Practice. (ToT-2016)
III) Skill Development Programme (SDP)
- Technical Know-how for Spirulina Biomass Production and Utilization. (2020 & 2021)
- Biochar for Enhancing the Aquaculture Productivity. (2020)
- Breeding, Culture and Health Management of Ornamental Fishes. (2019)
- Cell Culture Techniques. (2019)
- Health Management in Freshwater Fish Culture. (2018, 2020)
- PCR based Disease Diagnosis. (2017)
- Health Management of Ornamental Fishes. (2016)
- Techniques in Aquatic Animal Health. (2015)
- Fish cell Culture & its Applications. (2011)